National Train A Teacher Day
June 17 @ 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
This is a free training event for teachers, administrators, coaches, school staff, scout leaders, Sunday school staff, religious leaders, etc. If a participant has children in their care as part of their “duty”, then this event is for them.
We will be teaching the MN Permit To Carry material for this event. This is more than just a gun class. Gun safety, situational awareness, and proper mindset are key components to the class.
For more information about the national event, its purpose and history, go to www.nationaltrainateacherday.com .
We cover mandatory and pertinent topics such as:
- Firearm safety rules
- Statutes on justifiable taking of life
- Safe storage requirements
- Elements of self-defense
- Stand your ground
- Castle doctrine
- Restrictions on carrying a firearm
- Handgun selection
- Ballistics considerations
- Shooting fundamentals
- Interacting with police
- Permit to carry requirements and restrictions
- MN Permit application details
- Permit reciprocity
- Self-defense insurance
The Minnesota Permit to Carry class will enable you to apply for your Minnesota Permit. It is also a great gun safety class. Gun safety and proper mindset are key components to the class. This class will also qualify for a non-resident Florida Concealed Weapon License. The Florida license gives you greater reciprocity if you plan to travel with a firearm.
You do not need a gun to take advantage of this class.
We can arrange a loaner firearm in 9mm or .22LR. If you go through with getting your Permit to Carry, your permit will act as your Permit to Purchase. Minnesota law requires a Permit to Purchase or a Permit to Carry in order to buy a handgun or an “assault rifle”.
What do I need to bring to the class?
- Identification (Driver’s License)
- Class fee – FREE for teachers!
- Firearm with 30 rounds of ammunition, or arrange for a loaner
- Ear protection and eye protection; the range has loaner protection for free
- A willingness to learn!
Leave a Reply